Marriage for Indian citizens getting married in Italy.
Besides Planners, we have been legal consultants for the Italian internationalization offices! This experience allowed us to gain deep expertise in foreign affairs.
If you are wondering how can an Indian get married in Italy, we are the planner you are looking for!
Since this is one of the most discussed topics around Indians getting married in Italy, today we want to explain the actual situation of Indians getting married in Italy.
In Italy, the Indian Consulate inside the Embassy releases the so-called Marriage Nulla Osta only to Indian citizens that have a formal residency in any town in the Italian soil, otherwise the Nulla Osta will be denied.
You will also hear or read that a free status or a bachelorhood certificate is enough to get married in Italy.
Unfortunately the majority of the town hall accept only the ordinary Nulla Osta.
This represents a concern since most of the town hall accepts only the document in which the caption “Nulla Osta” is written.
Should you not have a formal residency in a Municipality in Italy there is another way out but it is longer.
And it works like this:
We will book an appointment with the competent Indian Consulate in Italy (Milan or Rome) to request the free marital status certificate, the so-called Bachelorhood Certificate.
Since the Indian Officials won’t issue the so-called nulla osta, the town hall where you want to get married will issue a refusal to proceed with your wedding.
We will then appeal the competent Court attending the hearing before an Italian Judge.
The good side of the story is that the judges already know that the Indian Consulate does not issue the nulla osta, hence they will not make it difficult to obtain a sentence that will oblige the town hall to celebrate your wedding.
With the sentence of the Judge, we as your wedding planner will inquire again the Town hall which refused the celebration of your wedding, and this time the official of the town hall will be obliged to celebrate your wedding ceremony.
This process is long. Could lasts from six months to a year depending to the Court we have appealed.
In conclusion to get married in Italy as fast as possible you need to get a formal residency in Italy.
Who will be your Counselors and Planners?
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Nulla osta process, legalization procedure, Court hearings for the refusal of the town hall when there documents missing , legal translation, apostille procedure, emergency procedure for legalization.
2) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
3) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
4) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
5) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
7) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.