Tying the Knot in Italy: Essential Guide for Montenegrin Citizens
Considering a picturesque Italian wedding? For couples where at least one party is a Montenegrin citizen, there are specific procedures you must follow. Read on to navigate the essentials seamlessly.
What is the Nulla Osta al Matrimonio?
Before diving into the nitty-gritty of marriage in Italy, let’s discuss a crucial document: Nulla Osta al Matrimonio. Issued by the Embassy, this is a certification confirming no legal obstacles for Montenegrin citizens to marry in Italy.
- If both partners are Montenegrin, the Nulla Osta is granted for both.
- If only one partner is Montenegrin, the Nulla Osta is issued for that individual alone.
How to Obtain the Nulla Osta for Montenegrin Citizens?
As your Counselor in Italy we will submit a request at the Consular section of the competent Consulate of Montenegro in Italy.
Documents Required for for Montenegrin Citizens getting married in Italy:
- Completed and signed Nulla Osta request form.
- Valid Montenegrin passport.
- Birth certificate in international format.
- ‘Free marital status’ certificate from the Ministry of Interior of Montenegro.
- For residents of Montenegro: Address proof issued by the Ministry of Interior of Montenegro.
- Copy of the spouse’s passport.
A consular fee of 20,00 euros applies.
Legalization of the Nulla Osta.
Once you’ve got your Nulla Osta we will proceed with its legalization at the competent Prefettura according to The Hague Convention that has been signed by the State of Montenegro.
Marrying in Italy as a Montenegrin citizen or with one requires a few additional steps.
However, with careful planning and our expert legal consultancy, your Italian dream wedding can become a reality effortlessly. If you need assistance with the process or have more questions, reach out to our team of dedicated legal consultants.
Who will be your Counselor?
Our firm’s specialized legal consultation services are designed to assist you in successfully meeting these requirements, thereby facilitating the legal recognition of your marriage in both Italy and the U.S.
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Nulla osta process, legalization procedure, Court hearings for the refusal of the town hall when there documents missing , legal translation, apostille procedure, emergency procedure for legalization.
2) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
3) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
4) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
5) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
7) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.