Get to know the steps to get married in Italy as a Norwegian citizen.
Besides Planners, we have been legal consultants for the Italian foreign offices! This experience allowed us to gain deep expertise in foreign affairs.
Following new provisions issued by the agreements between Norway and Italy, the “nulla osta” for Norwegian citizens who wish to marry in Italy will no longer be issued by the Consulates and diplomatic missions of Norway accredited in Italy, but rather by the Norwegian Municipalities where the future spouse resides.
The document in question may be issued by the Municipalities directly in Italian or in the local language with the relative sworn translation provided by a sworn Norwegian translator.
As required by the Aja Convention of 5 October 1961, the relative “Apostille” will be placed both on the translation and on the certificate of no impediments to the marriage.
Who will be your Counselors and Planners?
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Nulla osta process, legalization procedure, Court hearings for the refusal of the town hall when there documents missing , legal translation, apostille procedure, emergency procedure for legalization.
2) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
3) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
4) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
5) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
7) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.