Get married in Italy as a Colombian citizen.
Besides Planners, we have been legal consultants for the Italian internationalization offices! This experience allowed us to gain deep expertise in foreign affairs.
Recognition of Signatures for Marriage in Italy: A Guide for Colombian Nationals
The acknowledgment of the signature in the declaration of free status to marry, issued by the General Consulate of Colombia in Rome, is valid only if the marriage is celebrated in one of the following Italian regions: Abruzzo, Marche, Tuscany, Lazio, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily, Sardinia, and Umbria.
For all other Italian regions, the process should be handled through the General Consulate of Colombia in Milan
PROCEDURE FOR IN-PERSON APPLICATION
- Pre-registration: Register in advance at the link we will provide. I
Appointment Scheduling: Schedule a prior appointment to personally appear at the Consulate for SIGNATURE RECOGNITION.
Required Documents: The applicant must present the following original documents on the day of the appointment:
- Original Colombian identity card.
- Valid Colombian passport.
- Declaration form properly filled out on the computer in all blue-highlighted spaces, printed in advance. The Consulate does not take responsibility for the filling or printing of this document.
- If the requirements, legal documents, and ninety (90) days from the issuance of your civil records are not met, signature recognition cannot be performed. Check carefully before your appointment. Emails or handwritten forms are not accepted.
- Specific Requirements Depending on Marital Status:
- If Single: Authentic copy of the birth certificate issued in the last ninety (90) days.
- If Divorced: Authentic copy of the birth certificate with marriage and subsequent divorce annotations.
- If Widowed: Authentic copy of the birth certificate of the declarant and the death certificate of the deceased spouse. Please note, the Italian authorities will request the certificate to be apostilled by the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Requirements for All Cases:
- €17.00 payment at the Consulate for signature recognition (Italian nulla osta); only bank debit or credit cards (except American Express) are accepted. No cash payments.
- The sworn statement will be provided on the same day of the scheduled appointment if registered on the Consulate page.
- After the document is authorized by the Consul, you must go to the Italian Prefecture for the legalization of the consular officer’s signature.
- Apostilles for civil records are processed online; see the website of the Cancelleria.
- Once the online request has been made, the Apostille can be paid online [link], or directly at the Consulate during office hours, or via PSE or credit card Visa or Mastercard.
- Authentic Copy of Civil Registration: This must be requested directly by the interested user from the registry office in Colombia or by an authorized person through a power of attorney signed at the Consulate with a prior appointment.
FORMAT FOR REQUESTING NULLA OSTA
As you legal counselor in Italy We will provide you formato de solicitud de nulla osta and verify that all the data entered in the sworn declaration are correctly written.
As consultants specializing in civil marriages for foreigners in Italy, we hope this comprehensive guide assists Colombian nationals planning to wed in Italy. For personalized assistance and additional information, please feel free to contact our team.
Who will be your Planners?
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Nulla osta process, legalization procedure, Court hearings for the refusal of the town hall when there documents missing , legal translation, apostille procedure, emergency procedure for legalization.
2) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
3) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
4) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
5) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
7) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.